hey Novos what's the go

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Riq dekneelo
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

hey Novos what's the go

Post by Riq dekneelo »

being discrete here... :) I was out my old home break on the weekend (12th) before last, in the city by the sea north of Sydney, which might be in Australia. On returning to shore I was given a raz :P about bringing back kneeboarding to this place by my old standup surfing crew (who never left).
WTF don't any of you Novos surf at the break in front of the Surf House.:roll:
Mind you when I did paddle out I was very confused none of my usual line up markers existed anymore and I found my self drifting off the spot. :?
My brother tells me that lids seem to think it's theirs. :shock:
Time to reclaim it I say, to many good waves go through there for them to go to the boogie knights.
I must say it felt way less crowded than my haunts these days in the national park somewhere north of brisbane :)
names removed in case anyone gets offended :lol:
Riq de(Carvalho) Kneelo
change the only constant or the board is not the limitation
Tinso
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Tinso »

Yeah a few of us are still alive Riq...
Don't know of anyone down that end of the universe who surfs it regularly.
Lots of 'em further south! The Reef Rats are a little further up the coast every morning still.
First Sunday of every month in front of the old northern clubhouse (that place "overseas") if you'd like to catch us all in one spot - never crowded there!
(That'd be Griffiths St carpark, Stocko, at 7am if Mel is outta bed early enough!)
It'll be the 2nd Sunday for September due to Dad's Day.
...but I like to be different...
Tinso

Post by Tinso »

P.S. No need to be descreet about Stocko, eh? :lol:
...but I like to be different...
Headwax.
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Headwax. »

well I hit some concrete at speed and ripped off my subscap tendon just before chrissie last year so when they sew it back on they have to cut one of your bicep tendons as well and then drill it back somehwre else ... so I am still out of the water for another month then I'll be usrfing south of surf house until the banks gets good and the mobile phones come out then I will be surfing halfway down r&^%^&& beach which is still not bad since that guy got his buttock bitten off by the noah

might see you there I am the fat guy with grey hair :) surfing by himself and paddling in circles
Riq dekneelo

Post by Riq dekneelo »

hi Headwax,
concrete is not as forgiving as water, what were you thinking :roll: Hope you get back in the aqua soon.
The boys said it was the first time that end of the beach had worked for a while as that last larger swell had cleared the sand out. I must say it was sweet to surf down memory lane.
Though it was very disconcerting surfing in a fog of bacon & eggs aroma, drifting from the surfhouse, kept dragging me into the reef breakzone. :D
Every other time in the last couple of years I've been back to see my mum etal I've not even bothered to get the board out. just lucky this time, saturdayflat sundayfun :)
I'll give you a shout next time I'm in town, for more than a dip.
cheers
Riq de(Carvalho) Kneelo
change the only constant or the board is not the limitation