General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Jamacruz
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by Jamacruz »

Im a newbie and would like to get into knee boarding. I'm 5'9 212 lbs. What kind of board, shape, dimension etc. would you all suggest for me?

Mahalo,
Joe
gumby
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by gumby »

Welcome Joe. Hook up with the Oceanside cerw. The what board should I get Question is allways a trick question. Are you going to use fins, Ever surf befor stand up Mat Boogie. Kneeboarding is for everyone they just dont know it :D
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig
SecoG
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Yo, fellow nubee!

Post by SecoG »

Hi Joe - at 57, I am 'getting back' into kneeboarding, after a 20someyear hiatus (bodysurfing/boogie only occasionally during that period).

I picked up a Blast F2K, 5'8" - it's without doubt, the best board I've ever ridden. I"m 205 these days, it floats me just fine. Found it on CL for $175!

Only been out on it 3x. Blew me away how quickly past skills came back! (again, did I say it's a great board?) Dealing with cracked some rib cartilage from the 2nd time out - crap thats sore! This past Sunday I got badly bitten by a somebody's pitbull yesterday on the forearm - so I'll be dry for another coupla weeks or so.

I am embarassed to discover how dreadfully out of shape I am! 10-15 minutes out there in small surf, and I think I'm gonna die. Needless to say, daily long walk/jogs with the dog are happening, am looking for an exercise bike - just need to get some hours in to build up my cardio.

See if you can pick up a used board from someone here, or get a loaner (not sure what surfshops have great KB designs).

If you have a wetsuit, I"m sure we'll see each other this Winter!
all the best, Will
Jamacruz

Post by Jamacruz »

Thanks for the feedback guys. You've been very helpful.
gimmee water

Post by gimmee water »

Hi joe I have a board you can try if you like. It may be a bit big but will get you started as it did me. I'am a newbie also . call me 760 617 5757
good luck Doug