Newbie deck pad questions

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

kev2o
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Newbie deck pad questions

Post by kev2o »

Hi, l've just bought my first kneeboard, used from ebay. It did have a real battered up deck pad, which was hanging off and had been stuck down with all sorts of glues and resin :roll: , l've managed to remove it and l'm in the process of removing the glue and resin that's still stuck on the deck, ready for putting on a new pad. As l don't know any kneeboarders, do kneeboarders using camping mats(cut down) as deck pads or is it best to try and source a ready made pad from oz or the us? I have tried emailing parkes in oz so far, but he hasn't replied. cheers.
analbirth
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by analbirth »

get in touch with the uk guys that are organising the comp this weekend they should be able to point you in the right direction. Or there are a few other guys including myself on this site that make and sell them
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
kev2o

Post by kev2o »

I've tried registering for the uk kneelo site forum a couple times earlier this year, but they've never got round to confirming my user status, so l couldn't post questions on there and the site now doesn't exist.
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

it's just down for the moment try a pm to alexc in the british knello champ thread
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
Casey Patelski
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

COVE PADS

Post by Casey Patelski »

Hi Kev, I sent you some information about Cove Pads from California in a private message with an attachment. Let me know if I can help.
caseykaz77@ymail.com. Thanks, Casey Patelski
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.
kev2o

Post by kev2o »

thanks guys.
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Can recommend Casey's pads, I see Simon,Chayno & Albert also among the many users of Casey's product .
Fossil Man

Post by Fossil Man »

I can give a hearty endorsement of Casey's Cove Pads ( get the kung foo grip its the bomb)

While we're talking pads has anyone tried the tail block pads by Squid Grip ? They look interesting with that outside raised edge to keep legs in place and push against while turning but it seems like it would really drag in the water flow.
Kneeboarding since 1976; always searching for the ultimate sled, always in awe and grateful for the work of master craftsmen, Romanosky, Frye, Cleary, Mc Cray, Timpone, Ballestar, Minami, Hart.
kev2o

Post by kev2o »

Casey's pads sure do look the business.
Casey Patelski

Post by Casey Patelski »

Thanks for all your props guys! I really appreciate your business and input as we develop and evolve Cove Pads. Casey
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.
SecoG
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

lovin the new Cove Pad

Post by SecoG »

Just installed my new pad
album_showpage.php?pic_id=31522

xtra thanks to Casey for his attention to detail to make sure the pad is a perfect fit.

it was simple to install, softer, grippier than the old one.[/url]
Casey Patelski

COVE PAD INSTALL

Post by Casey Patelski »

Thanks Seco, You did a great job- Tail block and all. Its a cinch to install a Cove Pad. Now go get some of the combo swell we have all week! Fossil- that appears to be a photo illusion, standard blast pad dims at 35 inches long.