2012 year in review-Happy New Year!

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

MWROBERTSON
Legend (Contribution King!)

2012 year in review-Happy New Year!

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Being the last day of the year today, I used this time to reflect back and take inventory of some of the highlights tin 2012. I feel so fortunate that I have the family, friends, health and the same fire and passion for surfing as I did as a kid.

Looking at my numbers, I was not shocked to see that my days of surf are pretty constant each year. Very similar to 2010 & 2011.

I surfed 101 times in 2012.

My highest month was September due to multiple sessions on a surf trip to mainland Mexico with Bill-L, Wayne-K & Simon-F. 16 surfs

My next best month without a surf trip was December with 12 times surfed. It's been pumping lately.

July was pretty good with 11 surfs.

My lowest month was October with only 5.

Other priorities often take over. I'm sure we can all relate to that.

So I averaged about eight days plus this year.

That's pretty good for me. I know guys who surf way more and way less.

How was your 2012?

Happy New Year to You all and an abundance of waves in 2013!

8)
WillP
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by WillP »

I was out of the water for a total of about 6 weeks this year due to injuries and work travel ( to places that I don't have a board stashed). I averaged 3 days a week the rest of the time. I guess my goal for 2013 is to stay injury free and stash boards in the countries that I found waves in and didn't have access to a Kneeboard.
Casey Patelski

Post by Casey Patelski »

Dear Mr. Math. I think you averaged more than 8 times this year. I think you ment to say 8 times per month, and that is fantastic, you lucky bastage! By the way your new Ghost Buster Board by Jon Mel at Freeline surf suits you very well. Everyone is saying how much barrel time your are racking up on that thing!.
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

2012 for me was a great year full of life, family, and surf.
I managed two surf trips this year one to mainland Mex the other to Central America.(super fun trip(s) MR,BL,SF)

I hit a rock in Central and broke my foot which required a surgery to reduce the fracture. I was side lined for only 8wks. Injuries SUCK!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all you Kneelos out there :!:

Wayno :D
Bill E.

Post by Bill E. »

Surfed a whopping 54 times this year (once more than last year). Didnt have any away trips, except to the coast many times during the summer for some fun beachbreak action.

Late spring was very good, but I think early fall was the best. And have had 4-5 days, late fall, that were really good way OH+ with good conditions.

I feel my big accomplishment of numbers was the giant 185 grocery bags of beach trash I picked up this year on my beach (a minimal 135 last year). Mostly various sized foam balls and thousands of little broken stryofoam cup pieces. Of course the multitudes of plastics and space junk, but there was hundreds upon hundreds of aluminum cans that came from the bottom of the 2 dams they tore down on the Elwha River this year. There were lots of late style cans but most of them were the early ones with the pull tabs, steel cans with aluminum tops and full steel cans that you had to use a can opener on.

Well this year is on and I already have numbers on the board. Looks good so far and I feel there is more to come.

Oh and Happy New Years to all....
Cars come and go, VW's live and breathe

Surfers come and go, Kneeboarders live and breed
Headwax.

Post by Headwax. »

I got 24 surfs in last year due to ripping out a shoulder tendon..... this year so far I have had two, so my average per week is already up by a zillion percent :)

2013... have a good one!