Surf Report 2013

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Dude your blowing it waiting for the tidal bore. Go just north of Da Nang, there is a sick left reef called Nam O. Let me know if you can't find it, I have more info. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
kneelingBROTHA

Post by kneelingBROTHA »

Surf report 2013: There hasn't been a single double overhead day in Southern California yet, at least that I have seen or heard about.

I would assume that Black's may have had a day or two of surf approaching that size, but I haven't seen any large surf myself. I think "relatively consistent--but never big" sums up the winter for the Southern end of California thus far.

I'm hoping for a late season NW, W or N, but I'm a lot more hopeful that the summer will have a big south will steamroll Newport than that the South Bay is actually going to finally break the 8' mark this winter/spring.

I'm sure that Nor Cal has had a number of great days besides the "everyone's favorite pro surfs Ocean Beach" day, but this end of CA has yet to see any significant action that I've been aware of.
dropkneeing is a sin...isn't it?
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

I'm thinking crap pretty much sums it up for me this winter. Only surfed the end of the pier once in two years. :evil:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

Rocky Point/Black Rock
kneelingBROTHA

Post by kneelingBROTHA »

That would be a far more succinct way of describing winter 2012/13! I concur, Mr. Fernandez.
dropkneeing is a sin...isn't it?
barry

2012/2013

Post by barry »

I'm thinking super fun describes my fall and winter. Lucked out with lots of swells and good conditions happening on my days off!!!! I had 6 days of Triple overhead waves and in the double digits for Double overhead days!!! Stoked on the season we had up here north of point conception :D
Hoppo
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Hoppo »

Hey Barry, I was coming home from a trip above the LH the other day and stopped for a bit in Cayucos. 3 kneelo's out at the pier. With the wind that day, probably the only go out around. You ???
barry

Post by barry »

Hoppo guess the back is feeling good if you are venturing up there! was a bit south of the pier with surfing with Hugh we both got some fun ones :)
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :D

Rocky Point/Black Rock
Willy Kelly
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Willy Kelly »

Waves were good today in Humboldt about 2 foot over head on sets
fun wackable peaks :D :D

I was the only one in the water lots of tourist on the beach

peace and good waves
Scott

Post by Scott »

Alfredo Zavala drove up from his home in the Paso Robles area and he and I enjoyed a very fun surf at Waddell Creek, north of Santa Cruz. Handful of surfers on the reef area and we found our own peak, head high on the sets, and we each snagged a few legit barrels in the glassy conditions. His first time there and he really enjoyed it. We paddled in to a surprise: Randy "the Creedlier" about to paddle out with a buddy!
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!
The Creediler

Post by The Creediler »

Good to see you Scott and meet Alfredo. Good session for me as well; glassy, fun size 3-5', and my friend and I sharing a peak all to ourselves! Not epic, but really really fun!
alfredo zavala

Post by alfredo zavala »

Yeah. Really fun session. I'd like to see that place bigger for sure. One of the best sessions this summer. Nice to meet "The Creediler" too!
Scott

Post by Scott »

Everyone's looking at prolonged flatness around many of the coasts right now. But some places are doing just fine coming into this week of August. Here's the surf report for next week I just uncovered from Surfline for Jeffrey's Bay in South Africa. Anyone ready to travel?

Sunday - 08/25
16-21ft
4-5 times overhead
Very large mid period swell from the southwest falling later in the day. Light and variable north-northeast winds with smooth seas all day.

Monday - 08/26
11-15ft
2-3 times overhead
Large mid period swell from the southwest falling later in the day. Light north-northwest winds and switching to the south-southwest.

Tuesday - 08/27
8-10ft
3ft overhead to double overhead
Moderate mid period swell from the west-southwest rising rapidly later in the day. Light and variable north winds all day and switching to the south.

Wednesday - 08/28
20-28ft
5-6 times overhead
Very large long period swell from the west-southwest falling slightly during the day. Light and variable north-northeast winds all day and switching to the south-southeast.

Thursday - 08/29
13-17ft+
Triple overhead +
Large mid period swell from the west-southwest falling slightly during the day. Light and variable west-southwest winds with smooth seas, increasing rapidly later.

Friday - 08/30
14-17ft+
Triple overhead +
Large mid period swell from the southwest falling later in the day. Breezy west-southwest winds, whitecapping conditions with moderate choppy seas.
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!
maxb

Post by maxb »

I have a friend that has been at Jefferies the last 8-10 days,been pumping the whole time. Very envious right now, but at least someone is scoring. Get'em Wes
Max
kbing newport
WillP

Post by WillP »

Will be in Buenaventura, Colombia all week. If anyone's going to be in the area, would be stoked to get wet.