Michael Novakovand the 360

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

stevea
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by stevea »

33 Second video of Michael having fun doing a little of what he has been doing for around 30 years
http://youtu.be/gYBhJFcokJM
please enjoy ,it was shot in HD so please click the hd button to watch
Scott
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Scott »

Gosh, does he have any fins on that board at all?
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!
Peter Ware
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Peter Ware »

Scott just put your weight over the fins and turn up the face of the wave. Let the tail slide until you are in a position where you are by half way on the turn. The board will come around by itself. The hard part is getting the turn past half way. These are a sliding 360. The full arc 360 is a different story and then the barrel role without dropping out. The late great PC was the first kneeboarder I ever saw do a role in the suck at Dee Why point and that was on a single fin. Are the pictures of Nova in the alley at North Narra.
stevea

Post by stevea »

Hi Mr Ware ,
long time yeah ,you know i must agree with you on the description of how its done however as simple as it may sound very few kneeboard surfers that i know of could link together 3 complete 360 's ,spinners or whatever on a wave of this size but Michael
The full arc 360 and barrel roll etc are much more dependant on size and wave power ,such as D.Y Point where P.C ruled .All who saw him surf there could only leave amazed ,such a pity there is no film or video of him putting his "slab"in impossible positions .
In my humble opinion Nov took, with the aid of the thruster P.C 's acrobatics to a whole new level
The video is of Nov surfing the alley rights at North Narra
Peter Ware

Post by Peter Ware »

nothing is ever as simple as it sounds. From the first time we saw Michael surf as a young kid at North Narra we knew he was going to be a champion kneeboarder. His love for the sport was very evident. He used to ride them stand up with no flippers and destroy the waves in the alley. Michael has his very own individual style and is a true champion. The footage brought back great memories of surfing the alley in the mid seventies. The waves at Norh Narra have produced some great surfers Standup & Kneeboarders. Where is Steve Artis these days?

Peter please
stevea

Post by stevea »

Peter
Steve Artis is mostly living in Bali ,and shot the video of Nov whilst back in Oz earlier this year
Michael has a rare gift ,the video i shot only scratches the surface as all who have seen him surf over the last 30 plus years would know.
His son's Matt and Tom are both great surfers as well ,it's not hard to see a World Title coming their way in the future.
30 seconds of Tom is on its way to the editor another scratch of the surface,unfortunately my trips to Oz haven't coincided with those seemingly more frequent magic days of days gone by ,maybe the next trip back September -October
P.S Peter , stevea is Steve Artis
Peter Ware

Post by Peter Ware »

Steve

I thought it was. Great to hear you are still surfing. I got your number from Parksy a few years ago and tried to contact you on my last trip to Indo. They were great days in the alley at North Narra. Do you still ride a rounded pintail and wear the gloves. I am of to California in a few days time first time ever there and am looking forward to seeing the Kneeboarders and their designs. Stay safe.