Kneeboarding on Encyclopedia of Surfing Blog

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

K-man
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by K-man »

Is it possible the man is looking for some feedback on his article? Well...Rewrite the article from our perspective...send it back.Nothing ventured,nothing gained.And please....no wining about ''what'' may come about... :lol:

cheers
joe

Post by joe »

K-man

Post by K-man »

Good find joe.. :) Be interesting to see what wining comes out of this...

cheers
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Now that is a good article, so good I bet the boys at Legless.TV contributed to the info. Thanks Joe. 8) :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
RMcKnee

Post by RMcKnee »

K-man, a desire to "rewrite the article" was the sentiment that led to us getting Legless.tv going. Amid all the reports of kneeboarding's irrelevance and unpopularity we thought it might be nice to simply show the world kneeboarding as we see it: progressive, dynamic and fun. I hope that comes across in what we do.

Matt Warshaw's piece represents his opinions, to which he's entitled, and reflects his experience. Its success or failure isn't contingent on the proportion of readers who agree with him but rather on whether or not it does what he wanted it to do when he sat down to write it. If his aim was to express pleasant surprise at finding kneeboard surfing alive and well and let his readers know where they can find out more should they so desire, then he's done OK.

I found the past tense in the EOS entry a little weird, but ... Matt was good enough to provide a bunch of links, including both KSUSA and Legless.tv so there's your balance.

For the record, yes, Legless.tv was consulted on the EOS entry, but only once the entry was already drafted. There were one or two very minor factual corrections before the piece was posted. The quality of that entry is entirely due to Matt Warshaw's effort.

As someone who regularly commits the sin of writing about surfing, I appreciate how difficult it can be. It's simply impossible to please every reader all the time, no matter how hard you try. Constraints of time and space limit what's possible and then there are the thousand ways technology and human nature conspire to interfere with lofty ideals and frustrate good intentions. At some point it often becomes inevitable that pragmatism simply dictates what shall be done.

For my money Matt Warshaw has embarked on a monumental undertaking with his EOS. It will be a life-long work for him and I think he's doing the best he can, which is far better than previous aspirants have done. I'm happy that kneeboarding has been included and look forward to it being included again in future revisions.
K-man

Post by K-man »

Well said...

cheers.
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

Check this link

http://www.theinertia.com/posts/we-are- ... o-say-knee

Obviously I did not write this, it was our legless legend wordsmith Rob Harwood (RMcknee), and two of the images are not mine, but it looks nice for kneeriding
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
tomway
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by tomway »

Really enjoyed that! Great writing and pics, thanks Rob and Steen 8)