fins (for your feet) or NOT!!!!

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Joel5150Photo
Local (More than 25 post)

fins (for your feet) or NOT!!!!

Post by Joel5150Photo »

javascript:emoticon('8)')greetings joel5150 here,who is wearing what brand of surfing fin or NOT...and why. i wore duck feet sinse 1970's,good fins ltsa power, comfortable,good for rocky point entry (Hags,Indos.etc)i tried Churchill,(junk) even the Makipu (junk!) redleys,Blunt cut,etc... than i met fred simpson one day at the wedge,he told me he makes flippers designed and tested at The WEDGE!!,i saw lots being worn by all teh body surfers, buggers,the were catching waves and holding station on some verry steep faces,Fred explained how his fin gripped the face because ot the verry stiff blade on finDrain hole for sand,neoprene in foot pocket, i told him i was a kneeboarder, he tookmy adress and mailed me a pair the next day,i used them and they BLUE AWAY , the duck foot brand,i got a job at secret spot surf shop and dive and surf. and have sold...500 pairs easy...so with all this teck avaiable why do some kneelos go finless??? please advise. thanks J5150 photo.
griz
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by griz »

Going finless has zero to do with fin quality
albert
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by albert »

going finless is the best thing I could have ever done for my surfing….
Headwax.

Post by Headwax. »

so with all this teck avaiable why do some kneelos go finless???
it's to attract the chicks - don't let anyone tell you anything else :)
waka

Post by waka »

Chick's love a man with big flippers :wink:

Lee loving his duck feet and Blast at Ulu's recently

[fullalbumimg]32956[/fullalbumimg]
Just call me 'Poppy'
Wandandian Devil
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

albert wrote:going finless is the best thing I could have ever done for my surfing….
well, the results speak for themselves... that is some fine surfing!
curious to know why no fins made such a difference?
it's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll
K-man

Post by K-man »

Fins/flippers?Took mine off yrs ago;and a good move.Surfing went up a notch.Why?No idea,I'm not that analytical....Different strokes for different folks.

WAKA=it's to attract the chicks - don't let anyone tell you anything else.... makes sense... :lol:
Headwax.

Post by Headwax. »

seems like we pissed off the original poster who went and made a ' serious' thread

note to self, more wax in duck feathers from now on

I wear fins because I surf by myself 95 percent of the time. I figure it might save me from drowning again - as it has before.

Apart from that, I can' turn my board as well while riding without flippers/ fins. They give me a large lever advantage by increasing the length of the lever from the fulcrum.

In addition, when I am paddling out and I am getting dragged back after duck diving I can dig them in and hold my GPS cords in the water better.

I ride a 5'8 but I also wear gloves. I need every advantage I can get when paddling for a wave.

Disadvantages -

sometimes they drag in the water.
They are one more item to carry down to the beach.
Increase my weight while riding.
It makes it hard to go for a jog while carrying my board - as they kind of put me off balance.
The number of chicks that chase me when on the beach means that my water time is restricted.

I wear Hydrofins because they have a nice ridge o n the side to stiffen them up. I also wear that American brand that esky lid riders used to wear because my wife gave me a set a few years ago.