Favorite southern california kneeboard waves?

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Asolmssen
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Favorite southern california kneeboard waves?

Post by Asolmssen »

I'm brand new to the sport (after many years of stand up surfing) here in Santa Monica. After getting size advice from Ron, I am having a blast with my 5'7" Romanosky. I wanted to ask the socal kneelos, any recommendations for spots and tides that tend to work well?
OceanTrends17
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by OceanTrends17 »

Personally, I've never differentiated stand-up spots from kneeboard spots. Locally, I always liked Topanga. If you care to brave the boarder, Baja Malibu in Rosarito Beach, Mexico is a great spot for spitting barrels.
frog
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by frog »

County line and Leo Carillo are good spot for kneeboarder as for myself you can find me at County Line..Welcome to our world!!!
KEL

Post by KEL »

There are always a good amount of kneeboarders just south of HB pier on the weekends......WELCOME!!!!
Joel5150Photo

favorite K.B. spots

Post by Joel5150Photo »

javascript:emoticon(':D')YYOOOOOO!!! joel5150photo here,welcome to the party!!!P.A.R.T.Y..."Y cause i gotta!!!if your in the south bay,Burnouts in redondo at 4-6 foot (wind swell best)take pch to ave"F" turn west drive till your hat floats, look for large concrete strucure on beach-weters edge, thats "Burn-outs" verry steep hollow POWERFUL wave.it will clean your clock!!!it has Blacks Beach type of punch.its a peak thats tide and swell direction sensitave.it also has a underwater canyou that bends the swell and focuses it on Burn Outs wear a good 1/4 x 6-7 ft leash and your viper surf fins,locals are ok, but ya gotta be cool.the wind comes up every day at 9-10 am,so get on it EARLYfrom the water look to leftS.W ditrction at the base of those hills is Hagerdies... from 2-15++ feet its a sick left lotsa kelp,locals can be cool or real A.H's"watch out for a jackass named Pugger" he is a big dude(fat) is a total ASS-HOLE!!!and hates kneeboarders so keep heads up and always surf with a buddyits a point break sharp rocks and gets funky at low tide, at 6 ft theres a inside peak i call "sneaky peats"less people and a 1 paddle take off...fast!!!theres a girl surfer shes a real snake,always bails her board at end of ride...peoplerefer to her as "The BANAI BITCH "welcom to my world its go time,if you gt down oceanside way give a call (858)775-5511 joel5150 photo
Asolmssen

Post by Asolmssen »

Thank you, all. This is an amazing group, so welcoming and cool. I really appreciate it. Joel, I get down to Oceanside a bunch and would love to get in the water.