rope handles on kneeboards..???

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Joel5150Photo
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

rope handles on kneeboards..???

Post by Joel5150Photo »

javascript:emoticon('8)')greetings from joel5150photo;my next subject will shurley ruffel some duck feathers...here we gooo!!! i started kneeboarding in 1967, same year i started surf photography.i took my 35mm nikon f2 camera with 50mm lens in oceac chest deep to get closer to waves , shot Plus -x film developed in our darkroom at home with my dad, i shot pix at Burnouts ;more later on photography...around 1972(+- )i saw a surfboard with a rope handle guued into deck,i asked about it the 5 W's , i rushed home and looked for rope to reproduce this verry cool thing!!!i ended up using some 9mm kern mantle climbing ropemy best bro Jeff Trakas (RIP)brother....catalist and cut some fibre glass cloth for strenth the install went wellalthough taking a Craftsman power drill to a new Jacobs Super Knee was nerve wracking.. between the beer(MIckies) and the bud(Thai stick!!)we did a nice job.went to Hagerdies (favorite spot !!!) for a test ride...dropped in on a solid 6 ft weae ( we judged by back of wave ) squared my bottom tern pulled into sick barrell.PUNCHED THROUGH the back of wave...all holding the new rope handle !!!!!let out a HOOT !!!and was hooked, from then on all my bowrds had handles,on right rail only,cause i could only go Left..(Palos verdis ;Land O' Lefts, Hagerdies, bulldogs,indos,Avalianch,nomans, Rat point, K.G's Bettys,all lefts..got an opinion good or bad please post it here on ksusa..J5150 photo