kneelos of the 1970s

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

malajusted
Local (More than 25 post)

kneelos of the 1970s

Post by malajusted »

a mate found this and sent it to me pretty cool 8)
http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showfl ... ost2605700
K-man
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by K-man »

Good score!Some positive comments...Only one arsehole in the bunch.. :roll: :lol: Was that PC...?
Shelfbreak
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Shelfbreak »

Yes
PC at DY
Shelfbreak
Peter Ware

Post by Peter Ware »

PC lived in the units on Dee Why Point. The start of the video was PC coming out of the units into the point car park to jump of the rocks in front of Dee Why point. Great old clip. :D
frog

Post by frog »

Great clip! I remember those days. Good comments except from dickhead who said "Skill level"? How much skill does it take to get from your belly to your knees and pretty much just go straight..hoping for a barrel. I like see him try it I bet you he couldn't do it...There alway some dickhead in line up saying Sh**t like that!!! Some people just don't get us...
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

So good to see that PC footage, other than the pub squash ad that's about the only real bona fide slab riding I've seen on film would love to see more! That first drop in to the barrel and riding the foam ball is insane!
griz

Post by griz »

Bryn I'll take a punt and say that was Steve Core's footage and may or may not have been from a movie he made called " Ocean Rhythms "
It featured Kanga , PT , Terry Richo and of course PC . I was only very young at the time and couldn't quite get my head around 360's into the barrel , airborn drops straight into the pit , I'm thinking there might have been a barrel roll chucked in there somewhere as well. What he was doing at DY at suck rock stuck with me as being some of the most aggressive surfing I'd seen . It was a hell of a lot to absorb for a young kneelo .
I got to see him quite regularly through the eighties in Bali , as we used to stay at the same place each year , and although a bit older still found him difficult to absorb . Unmatched for weirdness in and out of the water .
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

Griz, thanks heaps for the info. Have managed to find a copy of the film over here and winging its way! I regularly ride my FT twin slab and have another I shaped myself that I think is going to have a single box dropped in it very soon!