Surf Report 2014

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

The Creediler
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by The Creediler »

Yeah 4 mile! scored that mon tues-best wipe out of the summer as well!
Scott
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Scott »

Yeah, a very fun swell after weeks and weeks of near flatness. Glad 4 Mile was great, Randy. I was out Tuesday evening a few miles north at the Waddell reefs and had a great time. Had my own peak to myself...
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!
KneeBumps

Post by KneeBumps »

Just back from a long weekend in Sea Girt NJ (where I first knee'd an inflatable surf mat around '58 or '59). Two fun surf sessions in a chest high swell and offshores. Sand was plentiful due to Hurricane Sandy beach "renourishment", and the swell was a steep peaky southie, that lined up on the jetties for some long rights. Water was a bit nippy in a shortie - 62F.
"All I want in this life of mine is some good clean fun
All I want in this life and time is some hit and run"
Lowell George
Willy Kelly
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Willy Kelly »

Humboldt checking in
Surfed Freshwater waves were 3-5 feet on the face
wedging bowls :twisted:

peace and good waves
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Scored with Hurricane Marie on Big Wednesday.
15ft right point break in San Pedro, but my leash broke and my Blast got thrashed on the rocks. Took me 20 minutes to swim in. We can rebuild it, we have the technology, :lol: ...
Also scored Long Beach at 6ft, normally it's 6 inches, could be years before it's six foot again. Cops had the peninsula shut down.
Thursday got Malibu 6-8ft with a friend. Had six waves to myself, pretty epic. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

looks like both sides of the pacific have been going off!
northern nsw/southern queensland has been getting the best of it. any reports womble or analb? they're probably still stuck inside a barrel.

it's been too messy in sydney, with winds ripping things apart for the past week until today. i only made a couple today and was poleaxed time and after time...cut to the head, ripped wetty, six inch gash on my shoulder from a fin chop by my own board.
there were a few professional photographers around...maybe the redbull event or people coming back from chopes. i spoke to one photograhper who was at the newport wedge yesterday. he said it was heaving!
it's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll
Scott

Post by Scott »

All time memories, Mike!
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Times, they are a'changing (Good!)

It's been mostly utility surfs, including an early-season surf with Jamie on Labor Day

Yesterday was another of the same, although that SW started showing (which meant some long-period mogul-runs through the OBSF chop, and a strong-running Northbound rip)

Today, good fortune and good karma meeting up with Scott North of SC. FUN well OH reef waves with all sorts of groomed options. Scott nailed the call. Despite a lot of takers, it was all :D

On the way back, it seemed everything was working. Lots of folks will sleep well tonight.

Tomorrow, one more time!
K-man

Post by K-man »

Classic south swell!Good over here as well.The reefs were groomed..well OH.Broke all day from med low thru the top and half way down.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Yes, Bob, it was so fun to finally see a solid South Swell get through up here, 4'/18 seconds has a lot of energy and it was really a pleasure. The biggest wave I took off on, solid 8' wall, was an obvious closeout--I just wanted the thrill of dropping in late on something decent size. Felt so good...but there were many other waves we both got spinning far down the reef, weaving through the scrambling crowd.

A stand up surfer paddled up to me later and said, "hey is that a Blast kneeboard? Do you know Bill Lerner?" "No to both questions", I replied... :twisted:
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Don, Jamie and I hit it early South of HMB. Besides whales just offshore and surfing/leaping dolphins, the most notorious resident was not to be seen

Once again fun surf but not quite as big. The crowd was chill and it just an all-around nice time

That photo of Jack tells me good times there too
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Oh. Given there were three of us, one guy said 'do you know x,y and Darrel Akuna?'

Heck yeah! How ya doin?

Also saw a 4th kneeboarder while getting out
TKendall
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by TKendall »

heard about the 3 kneelos on Sunday enjoying the South somewhere above SC from a stand up budy who was out and said only the kneelos were really able to make the speed runs! 8)