KneeBoards in San Diego

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

phatdad
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

KneeBoards in San Diego

Post by phatdad »

Hello all. Who would be the go to Guy in San Diego for a new KneeBoard?
I started KneeBoard surfing back in the late 70s. Stuck with it for about 8 years with a small crew of other like minded KneeBoarders. Then went standup. I want another KneeBoard to take along for the surf days as well.
Over crowded standup goons are starting to kill the surf stoke. Inside barreling reforms with great shape are why I started KneeBoarding in the first place. I also have never seen one KneeBoarder in San Diego surf. I have been living here 11 years.

Thanks for your time. First post. 8)
Live To Surf.
tsenn
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by tsenn »

Steve Seebold
Mike Griffin
Steve Pendarvis
???
Mark Ramirez
Legend (Contribution King!)

Kneeboards San Diego

Post by Mark Ramirez »

These other shapers will shape kneeboards for you:
James Mangano, Eric Shoelkopf,
and good luck with this one, Rich Pavel.
phatdad

Post by phatdad »

Thanks Guys. Anyone riding a Romanosky ? I no he is some what retired these days, but still may be shaping.
Live To Surf.
kbk66

Romo

Post by kbk66 »

Ron still shapes , I just saw him this afternoon, he has a website you can look up
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

welcome back!
it's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

This year during the evening gatherings at the KSUSA Titles in Huntington we are going to have several used boards available for raffle. Some very generous SoCal kneeboarders have donated extra boards to KSUSA. It would be a good way to meet the Crew, check out different boards and have a chance at a raffle on a used board. Or, go big and join the live auction for a new custom stick from our long-term major sponsors 8)

Brad
phatdad

Post by phatdad »

southpeakbrad wrote:This year during the evening gatherings at the KSUSA Titles in Huntington we are going to have several used boards available for raffle. Some very generous SoCal kneeboarders have donated extra boards to KSUSA. It would be a good way to meet the Crew, check out different boards and have a chance at a raffle on a used board. Or, go big and join the live auction for a new custom stick from our long-term major sponsors 8)

Brad
Im coming down for the event Brad. Where are most guys from out of town staying?
Live To Surf.
phatdad

Post by phatdad »

Lefty wrote:welcome back!
Thanks Brother. I have a lot friends in OZ, related to my other work. Great guys.
Live To Surf.
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

The Shorebreak is a fun place to stay. It's new/modern and a surf hotel with a great location. Several people have stayed there.

Also, check out the other options that are listed under the Contest Information link on the home page.

Just a warning, when you meet me at the evening gathering I'll be trying to sell you some raffle tix or a t-shirt 8) :wink:
phatdad

Post by phatdad »

southpeakbrad wrote:The Shorebreak is a fun place to stay. It's new/modern and a surf hotel with a great location. Several people have stayed there.

Also, check out the other options that are listed under the Contest Information link on the home page.

Just a warning, when you meet me at the evening gathering I'll be trying to sell you some raffle tix or a t-shirt 8) :wink:
Not a problem. Sounds like a great time.
Live To Surf.