General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

quadfin
Legend (Contribution King!)

Paddle Air Vests

Post by quadfin »

Anyone used one?

As I gracefully age I am trying to maximize my water time with technique and any tool I can use. Seems like it would take the stress off the neck and back but might be a pain to duck dive.
Surf Hard Live Slow
day
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Paddle air

Post by day »

I have used one for a couple years. At 60+ years old, paddling a 5'9" x22.5" without fins, I needed all the help I could get. By lifting your chest, neck and shoulder higher, it is easier paddling and less work for you neck and lower back to arch up.

I blow it up when paddling out. I deflate it when I get to the line up or if I see a wave I want to spin around and catch. I deflate it to allow me to get my chest and chin flatter to on the board to allow me to push the nose down for the take off.

The older model gets can blow up more but, in my opinion, not as well built as the newer ergo.
quadfin

Re: Paddle air

Post by quadfin »

day wrote:I have used one for a couple years. At 60+ years old, paddling a 5'9" x22.5" without fins, I needed all the help I could get. By lifting your chest, neck and shoulder higher, it is easier paddling and less work for you neck and lower back to arch up.

I blow it up when paddling out. I deflate it when I get to the line up or if I see a wave I want to spin around and catch. I deflate it to allow me to get my chest and chin flatter to on the board to allow me to push the nose down for the take off.

The older model gets can blow up more but, in my opinion, not as well built as the newer ergo.
Great info, thanks.
Surf Hard Live Slow