Beginner kneelo in need of board

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Themoonbean
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Beginner kneelo in need of board

Post by Themoonbean »

First things first. I've never tried knee Boarding and i come from a body boarding background. I would really like to get into it tho. Something about its quirky nature just really attracts me. Anyways, i live on the EC so boards are pretty tough to come by. My two choices are basically get a board shaped by a local surfboard shaper (less than ideal due to money issues) or buy a used board and get it shipped because knee boarders are pretty much non existent where i live. I'm kinda stuck between the two because of money and shipping. Anyways, Ideas and help needed please.
southpeakbrad
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Re: Beginner kneelo in need of board

Post by southpeakbrad »

Hi there,
This is a good place to start looking for a used kneeboard. I don't have any available to move at this time but if you find a seller you can consider using Greyhound to ship. I sent a board to Atlanta a few years back (in a cardboard surfboard box) and it ran ~$65 or so.
Best of luck,
Brad
Landlocked
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Landlocked »

Hi Moonbean,

Where are you on the East Coast?

I live near Charlotte and surf the Outerbanks a couple of times a year. I'll probably be out in early October if you want to try a board or two.

Dean
El Kneelo

Post by El Kneelo »

You'll be blown away at the difference in speed! From body boarding-to-kneeboard is a whole 'nother world! My advise: Find a used board, then once you start making turns, dropping in and so forth, you can figure out what type of board you would work best for you
More important than anything: Have fun!
Ian
Themoonbean

Post by Themoonbean »

Thanks for all the responses guys. I live in new england btw if any one was wondering. Anyways, if anyone is looking to sell a board that performs well in smaller (6 ft and under) surf PM me.