How's it been at the Washington beach breaks, you haven't been wondering?

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

hankj
Local (More than 25 post)

How's it been at the Washington beach breaks, you haven't been wondering?

Post by hankj »

Fall fell with the usual killer-ness. http://slidesideways.blogspot.com/ Second pic down (not my blog) is me inchworming to my knees I'm pretty certain. There have been tube opportunities, but not as hollow as last fall the way the sandbars are set up. But long rights pushing their bowls down the line and not losing a lot of size as they run through the inside. You can do so many hard snaps one after the next that at my age I have to be careful not to injure myself just by cracking the lip hard so many times in a day :)

Now it's going legit huge, who knows what 20 foot plus swells are going to do to the sandbars. But usually when it comes back down to a manageable size there's clean peaks again at the beach, and in the meantime there might be clean points hiding around the corner (or more usually a 3 hour drive to Skunksville)

one quick pic I took at lunch between 3 hour sessions Saturday, trying to embed but embedding apparently is my Everest:

https://www.instagram.com/p/-rw28PFUeG/ ... nkjseattle
southpeakbrad
Legend (Contribution King!)

Re: How's it been at the Washington beach breaks, you haven't been wondering?

Post by southpeakbrad »

Wow Hank, pumping with perfect conditions! Thanks for the pics.
hankj

Post by hankj »

Brad thanks, definitely fun but 49 degree water and air in the 30's in the morning is the price of admission.

Came to SD Thanksgiving week, surf forecast so bad I left my board at home. Borrowed my bro in law's AMAZING 10 foot Nuuhiwa longboard every day but one morning even too small for that! Paddled out on that thing at Blacks the day before Thanksgiving when it suddenly was head-high, super stormy, 5 second interval and quite punchy. pretty comic, caught basically nothing and lucky to come away un-injured because occasional slabs emerged from the crazy malestrom, bad situation for shitty-surfer me on a giant longboard.

Hope you get some good days down there with these huge Pacific swells on the horizon!
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Yeah, you missed it by a week LOL. Give a shout out next time you're coming down...and stay warm :wink: