Kneeboard grip

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

SAsurferguy

Kneeboard grip

Post by SAsurferguy »

Hi all.

New to the forums, I live in South Africa and came across a kneeboard by total chance and so bought it. I have no idea about its age etc... but busy fixing it up, filling the pressure dings , painting etc...

I just wanted to ask what I could use as a kneeboard pad, I have never seen a kneeboard in SA and there are absolutely no suppliers here, the rand is weak so import is not an option at this stage. Can anyone help with this?

I have posted a picture. It is a 5"10 x 23.5" x 2.38". (Lenght/width/Thickness). I usually surf and bought it for when the surf is a little small, but I tried it out the other day and I am blown away by how much fun it is, this board screams, it is so fast and sick, slots into all crevices of the wave = pure stoke!

I know it is a diamond tail, but if any one knows more about the design etc, if they could tell me what it is made for (spec wise) that wold be greatly appreciated
Attachments
There she is
There she is
Still working on it.
Still working on it.
Here I could not get the grip off no matter what I tried so it ended up getting destroyed
Here I could not get the grip off no matter what I tried so it ended up getting destroyed
crox
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Re: Kneeboard grip

Post by crox »

Hello & welcome :D

The easiest to obtain is probably a high density camping mat [about 10 - 12mm]. Use something like Evo-stik 528 impact adhesive to stick it on with.
Island Style used to sell knee pads in SA, might be worth checking out. Some very good kneeboarders down your way too!
"All we are saying, is give knees a chance"