KSUSA Forum vs Facebook Group

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Should we create a Facebook Discussion Group to Replace the KSUSA Forum

Poll ended at Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:15 am

YES - Replace the Forum with a KSUSA Facebook Group for discussion of US kneeboarding topics.
15%
NO - Keep the KSUSA Forum. I prefer it over Facebook.
46%
BOTH - Keep the KSUSA Forum and add a KSUSA Facebook Group.
38%
NONE - There are too many Kneeboard discussion groups already.
No votes

Total votes: 13

joe
Legend (Contribution King!)

KSUSA Forum vs Facebook Group

Post by joe »

The Kneeboard Surfing USA community forums were created before the explosion of social media on the Internet. As social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram became increasingly popular platforms for communication, we have seen a steady decrease in activity on the Kneeboard Surfing USA community forums. Our goal with this web site has always been to provide an effective communication platform to bring the kneeboard surfing community together to promote and grow the sport.

We have added a blog site to the front page of the KSUSA.org site that will be used as our primary tool to promote events and publish featured articles. The KSUSA forum has been preserved for communication among members of the kneeboard community.

We have a KSUSA Facebook presence that we use to communicate with our members and friends that do not frequent this site. We have not yet created a Facebook Group to allow the interactive discussion that is possible with our community forum. What is your opinion on KSUSA Forum vs Facebook Group?
knee-rider
Local (More than 25 post)

Forum Vs Facebook

Post by knee-rider »

Good Morning and thank you first of all for the efforts and time you/administrators
put/invest in this forum that remains for me a primary channel for communicating
and sharing information amongst the people that love the sport of surfing
and in particular this form/style of surfing
I noticed this morning that there was a section you posted in which there was a possibility
of voting weather or not to keep this Forum and/or use the Facebook account
instead -- I tried to cast my vote but could not get the system to respond.
REGARDLESS OF THAT Please read on

I am 58 yrs old and I am NOT signed-up on Facebook, nor am I signed in any
other social media accounts, nor do I have the intention of signing up on
something similar, that would allow myself to put out on the WEB information
regarding my personal self and or my private life

I cherish my privacy and would like to protect it as much as possible, even
though I know other people who are signed up and have similar Facebook accounts
still might mention my name and or report facts and gossip that involves me
personally, without me even knowing about it. Still i feel strongly against social media set-ups

THEREFORE PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT SURELY THERE ARE LOADS OF OTHER PEOPLE
THAT THINK LIKE ME AND USE THIS KNEEBOARD SURFING FORUM AS A PRIMARY SOURCE
OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION with other surfers RELATIVE TO THE SPORT
WE LOVE

KEEP THE FORUM ALIVE AS IS
Thank you once again
David Rigo
it's all about the ride
it's all about the ride
joe

Re: KSUSA Forum vs Facebook Group

Post by joe »

I originally posted this poll in a forum category that did not allow replies. I have corrected that. Sorry for the inconvenience.
knee-rider

Post by knee-rider »

Thanks Joe
Next time I come visit my parents back in San Diego, from overseas, I have to come and meet you (if you have some spare time) and submit a donation
to help cover the expenses involved with the forum
It might not be a big figure/donation but still I would like to do something for the "cause"
I usually try and make it back to the US in the later part of January and or February
Kindest regards and thank you all for making it happen and hopefully continuing to work on it

David Rigo
it's all about the ride
gumby

Post by gumby »

Let's use Facebook for what it is
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig
knee-rider

Post by knee-rider »

Sorry Craig my intentions are NOT to disregard/do away with Facebook as a media to follow the Forum, and the people that prefer this way should have their choice
Maybe what I really meant to say was both systems would be ideal and let the user decide which way he would preffer/like to follow through
Dave
it's all about the ride
The_Hunted

Post by The_Hunted »

Hello everyone,

New user, first post. I thought I would give a view from an outsider who wants in.

I know it may require more effort and possibly cost but I believe that a Facebook account will benefit the growth of Kneeboarding. I not one who wants a crowed lineup, just a future for the craft.

I only recently became interested in Kneeboarding due to a skateboarding fall. I broke my right femur a left arm in two places and elbow. Getting older I can no longer ride my 6' Mandala quad fish and with the injury I am looking to kneeboarding.

I am trying to gather as much information and it is proving difficult. I also hang glide which is a slowly disappearing due to the lack of young people. I see direct comparisons to kneeboarding and hanggliding in this manner. I believe thatFacebook groups are helping lead people to hanggliding and think it can do the same. However, you will always need a "home base" that this site offers.

Thanks,
Thomas
floyd699

Post by floyd699 »

I REFUSE TO JOIN FACEBOOK
AndrewPatterson

Post by AndrewPatterson »

I just wanted to warn you. If you're willing to make new friends via Facebook or other different social media platforms, be careful! Find out more details at http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/making-n ... th-or-myth. Take care!
knee-rider

Post by knee-rider »

Thanks Floyd and Andrew for pointing the article out and I am glad to see I am NOT the only one that tries to keep
very cautious approaches and keep a distance from Facebook and OTHER social media
Just recently I divorced from my wife-- after 4 years battle in court - and we have NOT yet reached a final settlement
It took a long time to go through courts because amongst other things she was gathering information from third parties
and gossip from Facebook and throwing it at the judge creating confusion and trying to mislead the court case and inducing false
allegations against me and my job position
Its just a bunch of BS these social medias and are actually quite dangerous when information regarding you is manipulated by
third parties and the so called "friends" what a crock of SSSSShhhhh----ttttt
I can understand teenagers being active on them but for the rest of us with a certain age and experience behind I just don't see
any big advantages- not to mention the fact that its all about marketing and money making at the expense of all of those who participate
in them
it's all about the ride
joe

Post by joe »

In an effort to keep in touch with the kneeboard community, we have created a new Facebook group to supplement, but not replace this Forum. All are welcome to post here or there or both. Thanks for your on-going support.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KSUSA.Forum/