Flippered, or flipperless ... ?

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Choose what best applies to your riding ...

Yep, I always use swim fins.
68%
Nope, I never use swim fins.
8%
I kneeboard both with and without flippers.
24%

Total votes: 75

Pieetry
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by Pieetry »

Just for fun i started one day without flippers, decided fine flippers dont matter much. Then i put them on and STILL thought that going flipperless was the better way. A couple hours later one of the fins sliped off ( i think the back broke 4 years sitin in the sun and alot of use will do that) and i was stuck going flipperless. i wished i had my extra pair. That settles it for me, ill use flippers all of the time.
splashy
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by splashy »

Always use flippers - I get better grip with them. I use the Rip Curl copies of the original Churchills. I don't think they are made anymore, but I have a backup set just in case :P

Tried flipperless a couple of times but kept spinning my feet off the board. I've never had any problem with flipper drag.

I guess it is just what you get used to.

It also allows me to really hone my boards down so I can surf a board that is actually designed under my weight so they can go better on the wave - rather than one with extra meat for paddling.....
One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name - so stay tubed!
MEAT
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by MEAT »

Splashy,did you mention ....MEAT? :P
splashy

Post by splashy »

Yeah, extra Meat is superfluous..... :P
One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name - so stay tubed!
Ben B.

Post by Ben B. »

complite deck pads on the central coast have the ideal tale pad for kneeboards. they have a kick lift running down the side of the pad, so you can push off it.perfect for guys who dont wear flippers.