queensland kneelo club

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

malajusted
Local (More than 25 post)

queensland kneelo club

Post by malajusted »

I have just heard the sunshine coast club is no more :(
i have just taken the plunge and retired, :D so I thought I would be able to commit to the contest scene now, any chance of a queensland club starting up, hands up to anyone who thinks this viable, and where would you want it ie; sunshine coast/goldie/nrth nsw
Shelfbreak
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Shelfbreak »

Not quite that grim

Windansea Boardriders maintain a kneeboard division in their annual Ma and Pa Bendall Memorial Contest which is now held each Easter. I will keep interested parties informed through KSA and the KSUSA website in the lead-up.

The club is short board focused but has kneeboard members but we haven't been able to muster enough on a given day to keep running our monthly comps.

Several of us catch up for a surf regularly so PM me your mobile and I text you our plans - some surf would be good ! Has it been flat for 3 weeks now?
Shelfbreak
analbirth
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by analbirth »

so whats wrong with a roving club, sunny goldy & nth nsw depending on time of year and swwell conditions. Like this time of year there are waves down my way and have been these last few weeks when it's been flat on the goldy & sunny coasts. Cyclone season or sth swells are usually out for down here but better for the qld coasts. Shelfy i'll be a more frequent visitor to up your way, my son and his girl are now living at noosa and are having twins in january. I'll be up in October sometime too i'll give you a call.
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
Shelfbreak

Post by Shelfbreak »

Hi AB
Congratulations on the family news.

Like the idea of getting together at various locales. A trip down your way soon might be on the cards as it has been flat here for over 2 weeks. A few of our regulars are Brisbane based so it would suit them.

Probably been a wave up the other side of Rainbow but that might take a bit of 4WD organisation.

Cheers
Shelfbreak
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

I'm away for september but as i said will call in OCT.
womble

Post by womble »

Its difficult to get these reclusive creatures out playing together ... social interaction isn't a strong point when it comes to Kneeolithic kneeanderthals.

Old Crazy and I would relish the chance to dance the good time dance with kindred souls ... and a travelling circus does sound appealing ... life is a carnival ... believe it or not.

AB ... congratulations on the news ... you old crunting swamp dweller you. Mrs Swamp must be ecstatically over and howling at the moon.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand.
While imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Albert Einstein ... Yeah Bert.
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Man your a card for sure Womble, congrats on your news Al & Mrs Al stoked for you guys. We're off the other way to Melbourne for our 8th grandchild (& it didn't hurt a bit *grandfather joke) it's hard work aye Al, do you want Col Tree's contact to see if he's interested? They are moving to somewhere 15 mins by boat to straddle, could be a good contact ?
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

That could be Russell Island Russell :shock: & thanks mate.
Yeah Bruce, Mrs Bruce is chuffed as it's a boy & a girl.
A travelling circus is something to mull over when i return...... although i am going to Amsterdam, could discuss it with the bud tenders, i'm sure they'll have a relevant opinion 8)
malajusted

queensland kneelo club

Post by malajusted »

spot on ab what a great idea :D people could car share depending on where its held, and increase the area of potential kneelos,
i love it :D, I can't wait
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

Yeah good idea in theory. The reallity of getting it happening on a regular or even semi regular basis is different. As womble said we are reclusive buggers and it's a bit like hearding cats ( old cats ) they sleep a lot eat a lot drink a lot s*&^ a lot and ignore direction and mostly go their own way :lol: however i expect to see progress on this on my return. Good luck :roll:
womble

Post by womble »

Old Crazy wants to know what happened to the blueprints for world domination.

He recalls one reasonably successful gathering followed by another not so well patronised.

The swamp dweller and I do catch up on a frequently infrequent basis ... in between the constraints of life's restraints and the duties that come forthwith.

Old Crazy is a tried and true hetrosexual ... but would consider partaking in a bimonthly get together ... even a quarterly installment of kneeolithic nut jobbery would be an improvement on nothing we have now.

The demise of the Coffs comp put paid to my one planned sojourn this year.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand.
While imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Albert Einstein ... Yeah Bert.
bdwqld

Post by bdwqld »

I enjoyed the Wind and Sea meets, they were lots of fun and Shelfbreak always made sure of that everyone knew. I guess family and job commitments get i the way of the important things in life. That said I would be keen if a SE Queensland club started up.
"Start at the Knees Please"
http://neepro.blogspot.com/
Shelfbreak

Post by Shelfbreak »

Maybe I should emphasise that the local Boardriders club up here is still happy to have kneeboard members. I am a member (about $40 pa) and if people are keen to have monthly comps - (I reckon quarterly is more realistic) then this is probably the way to go.

This by no means rules out get togethers elsewhere but if you are running a comp then you need insurances, permission etc.

Challenge is work , families and kid's sports. When you only get 3 to 5 turn up the most comfortable option is just to go for a surf. Don't know about you guys but I don't mind surfing marginal conditions as long as there is some grunt but I don't really enjoy comps under those same conditions.
Shelfbreak
kneehighdesigns
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by kneehighdesigns »

I am all for it guys , and will try to help out with some sponsor ship . I will check with the master of war and finance and see what we can contribute . If we do this we may be able to eventually have a respectable state titles in QLD and eventually qualify for a point scoring round in the aussie titles right here in suny QLD YYYEEY
MALLEE BULL

Post by MALLEE BULL »

Get on board with Surfing QLD to help out with insurance etc.
LOVE FIXING UP OLD BOARDS
AND STAINED GLASS WINDOWS