2017 US Kneeboard Titles and Festival

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

joe
Legend (Contribution King!)

2017 US Kneeboard Titles and Festival

Post by joe »

The 2017 US Kneeboard Titles and Festival will return to Oceanside, CA for the first time since 2008. This event will celebrate the 14th year of Kneeboard Surfing USA sponsored kneeboard surfing competition, including 11 US Titles and one World Titles event. The Kneeboard Surfing USA Titles will be held on Friday March 10th, 2017. The last US Kneeboard Titles were held in Huntington Beach and were an overwhelming success.

KSUSA will partner once again with WSA to bring the contest back to Oceanside. WSA’s considerable experience organizing and running surf contests will help to ensure this event will be a success.

The 2017 US Kneeboard Titles will serve as the primary US qualifying event for the 2017 World Titles in Spain. Results will be used to rank US competitors for seeding into the World Titles.

http://www.ksusa.org/2016/11/18/2017-us ... ouncement/

Click here to register online

Click here for the manual/mail-in entry form

This event is made possible by the generous contributions of our sponsors:
Premier Sponsors
  • Flashpoint Surfing – Bruce Hart
    Freeline Design – John Mel
    Parkes Australia – David Parkes
    Surf Tours Nicaragua
    True Wetsuits
    Dominic’s Italian Restaurant – Evening Event Venue
Event Sponsors
  • Bolsa Clothing – Mike Butler
    Clairemont Surf Shop
    Dangerclose Products GoPro Handles – Jeff Wallis
    Joel Mayer Pro Surf Photography
    Kneelo Nation – Tom Fish
    Larry Block Enterprises
    San Diego Zoo
    Stay Covered
    Surf-Systems/CovePads – Casey Patelski
    Tide has Turned
    Viper Surfing Fins
southpeakbrad

Re: 2017 US Kneeboard Titles and Festival

Post by southpeakbrad »

Looking forward to having the US Titles in Oceanside this March. It's going to be great getting together and seeing everyone again and I'm sure the surfing's going to be great! We have some great sponsors on board and we're working to secure others so please keep checking back for updates. As mentioned in the Announcement, "support those who support our sport!"
BSD
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by BSD »

Location?
Pier, harbor?
joe

Post by joe »

The contest will be at the harbor jetty.
That's your neighborhood. Hope you can make it.
Evening festivities, Thursday and Friday, will be at Dominic’s Italian Restaurant on the harbor.
knee-rider
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by knee-rider »

I am totally stoked -- I should be able to coincide my annual US trip/parental visit with this Oceanside event
In my past US trips the event never coincided with my home travel plans

I will be coming in all the way from Italy early March and I look forward to relaxing on the beach with my Italian girlfriend and observing riders with lots more experience and maybe learn something from y'all

I will try and participate also at the Cantabria Spain world event -- 24 hr drive from Italy--- and cheering the Red White and Blue team members I might meet at Oceanside.

The icing on my cake will be If I get lucky enough to do a summer session at the first of its kind Kneeboard Summer camp set up in SOMO Spain by a former Spanish Champ-- might learn more there as well
Hey 2017 might be a totally Kneelo event for me-- pray for surf

Sorry folks had to share my enthusiasm for this-- I've been waiting a long "ars" time to see, what are considered rare and far in-between, Kneeboard competitions events :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D 8) 8) --
dave
it's all about the ride
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Wow Dave, awesome! We share your stoke for sure and hope that the US Titles greets you with warm weather and quality surf. People will be arriving on Thursday and surfing out at the Harbor and then we have pre-contest gathering Thursday night at Dominic's, which is right there at the Harbor. You'll be able to check your heat time as the draw will be posted. T-shirts will also be distributed to those who preordered. We'll have a very limited supply of extras available at Dominic's.

Let us know if you have any questions!
Brad
joe

Post by joe »

The KSUSA 2017 US Kneeboard Titles is starting to fill up as entries are coming in. At this point one third of the spots are filled and we're still processing mail-in entries. Don't wait too long and miss out. Get your entry in today. Visit the contest page for registration instructions.

We've added a list of contest entries to the contest page so you can check out the competition and confirm your entry was received. If you entered and your name is not on the list, let us know.

http://www.ksusa.org/2016/11/18/2017-us ... ouncement/
joe

Post by joe »

Time is running out. We are just six weeks away from the upcoming 2017 KSUSA US Kneeboard Titles and Festival to be held on Friday, March 10, 2017 at Oceanside Harbor. Over half of the spots in the Open Division are already full and we have many commitments from competitors to enter, so we are expecting a full event. Registration will close at the end of February, or sooner if filled. Lock your registration in today.

We need more competitors for the Women's and Junior Divisions. If you know any women or younger kneeboarders, encourage them to sign up.

Please go to the KSUSA Contests article to view the Contest Page that has additional information. Planning for the Titles has been underway for many months and KSUSA is confident that the camaraderie and competition will be outstanding. We are thankful for the generous support of our outstanding Sponsors, many of whom have supported KSUSA from the beginning.

Click here for Online Registration

Click here for the Mail-in Registration Form

Enthusiasm is high for the 2017 US Titles which will serve as the main qualifier for ranking the US Team that will be participating in the 2017 Kneeboard Surfing World Titles to be held in late September in Somo, Spain.

We are thankful for your past participation and are hopeful that you will be able to join us in Oceanside this March! Whether competing or not, all friends and family of the kneeboard community are welcome to attend the contest and the evening events on Thursday and Friday. We will have fundraiser auction and raffle stocked with the generous donations from our sponsors.

The KSUSA organization and KSUSA events are only possible because of the generous donations from our sponsors, contributions from individuals in the kneeboard community, and the hard work of our volunteers. Visit the KSUSA Contest Page for a complete list of this year's sponsors.

Warm regards,

The KSUSA Planning Committee

Jack Beresford
Brad Colwell
Joe Coyne
Ed Dimick
Tom Linn
Robb Masser
Casey Patelski
joe

Post by joe »

The 2017 US Kneeboard Titles is less than a month away. We're looking forward to a great event. The deadline for mail-in entries has passed. Online registration is open until the end of February or until the contest is filled. There are still a few spots left in the Open Division. Get your entries in before it is too late.

Click here for Online Registration

Hope to see you in Oceanside
joe

Post by joe »

Thank you to our premier sponsors for the 2017 US Kneeboard Titles. This year's premier sponsors include:

Hart Design/Flashpoint Surfing – Bruce Hart
Freeline Design – John Mel
Parkes Australia – David Parkes
Surf Tours Nicaragua
True Wetsuits
Dominic’s Italian Restaurant – Evening Event Venue
joe

Post by joe »

President's day sale! Today only, $5.00 discount on contest Open division registration with coupon code KSUSAPRES05.
Click here for On-line Registration
joe

Post by joe »

We're down to the last weekend for registration. This weekend only, last chance special offer, $5 off Open division entries.Use discount code: LASTCHANCE05.
Click here for On-line Registration
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Tick, tick, tick!! The 2017 US Titles and Kneeboard Festival is just over 1 week away. Thanks to all who have entered thus far :D If you're on the fence just go for it. It's a lot of fun meeting new people and seeing old friends. Putting the jersey on is not something we do very often and it always results in good banter on the beach or at the Evening Gathering/Awards Ceremony.

If you can't surf in the contest come on down to the Harbor and have dinner at Dominic's. The food is great and they have a nice selection of craft beers and wines. Our generous sponsors have made some very nice donations for the 2017 Titles. Participation in the Raffle or Auction is fun and you may win some cool gear.

~Brad
joe

Post by joe »

The deadline for contest entry has passed, but we still have a couple of spots available in the Open. We've decided to extend registration up until the contest or until filled. We will allow beach entries if the remaining spots do not fill. Unfortunately, there were not enough entries to hold women's or junior division heats. All participants will be surfing in the Open Division, AA Division, and AAA Division heats.

Online Registration: http://www.active.com/oceanside-ca/wate ... itles-2017
tahiti_nui
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by tahiti_nui »

So.......
1. Weather was nice mix of clouds and sun, warm not to hot
2. Surf was a lot better than the websites said it would be, and the tide just drained out all day
2. WSA was "running" the event - well oiled machine, digital timers, quick results, seasoned judges
3. Announcing was the world famous 'Rock'n Fig' with a bit-o-Bolsa's-Buttler, and 5 time champ Jack Bersford give the competitors mindset during the Open Final
4. Speaking of the Open Final, here is a look at the highlights
https://youtu.be/7JCvpM5Aevo
Another great event, congraulations to winners and the ksusa orginizing team
KS.TV